List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Henning Heil Date:March 19 2003 5:38pm
Subject:Re: Text formatting of articles pulled from database??
View as plain text
++++ Landy Atkinson wrote on 19.03.2003 18:14 ++++

> echo "<TD colspan=\"3\" width=\"532\"><P>$article</P></TD>";
>
> The text displays, but the paragraph breaks are gone and all the text
> is just run together into one long paragraph.
>
> Any suggestions on how to get $article to display and keep the white
> space between paragraphs that it has when displayed in a
> <FORM><TEXTAREA> like
>
> echo "<td colspan=6><textarea name='article' rows='15'
> cols='120'>$article</textarea></td>";
>
> For an example, see
> http://www.cobblekids.org/Pages/Articles/Article_View4b.php and click
> on an article title.
>
> Thanks,
> -Landy

Landy,

I think this is far more a php/html than a MySQL problem, I don't
remember the code exactly but try playing around with the php-function
"htmlspecialchars" (or similar) before inserting into DB / echo-ing out
the article and you'll hopefully find a solution soon.

Rgds,

Henning

Thread
Text formatting of articles pulled from database??Landy Atkinson19 Mar
  • Re: Text formatting of articles pulled from database??Henning Heil19 Mar
Re: Text formatting of articles pulled from database??Stefan Hinz19 Mar