List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Dan Nelson Date:March 19 2003 5:38pm
Subject:Re: Process Limit on Linux ?
View as plain text
In the last episode (Mar 19), Philipp said:
> i just talked about openmosix because i read about shared memory
> segments. my only desire is to make mysql able to spawn 1000-1500
> connections and *not* to tell my client "cant create new thread,
> perhaps out of memory" while 1.5 GB of RAM is only used for caching.
> Is that really possible that mysql is not able to handle this amount
> of connections ?

With appropriate tuning you should be able to handle that amount. Check
the list archives; there have been many posts showing how to adjust
Linux's limits to allow for lots of threads.

--
	Dan Nelson
	dnelson@stripped
          • Re: Process Limit on Linux ?Philipp19 Mar
            • Re: Process Limit on Linux ?Joseph Bueno19 Mar
            • Re: Process Limit on Linux ?Dan Nelson19 Mar
              • Re: Process Limit on Linux ?walt19 Mar
  • Re: Process Limit on Linux ?Philipp18 Mar