List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Tab Alleman Date:March 19 2003 5:31pm
Subject:Restoring from a .sql file
View as plain text
MySQL 3.23.54, Win2k Server:

I am trying to take a .sql file that I got from a mysqldump from one
mysql server, and use it to populate a new mysql server, as though I
were restoring a backup after a total system crash.

I am using the following command, following the only example I could
find in the documentation ("mysql>" prompt shown for clarity):

mysql> mysql < u:/db backup 20030318/cm_central.sql;

But I get the following error message:

ERROR 1064: You have an error in your SQL syntax near 'mysql < u:/db
backup 2003
0318/cm_central.sql' at line 1

I'm going to try things like copying the file locally and taking the
spaces out of the folder name, but also just wanted to ask if I'm even
on the right track here.  Is this the correct way to import from a .sql
file?

Thanks,
Tab
Thread
Restoring from a .sql fileTab Alleman19 Mar
  • Re: Restoring from a .sql fileRyan Fox19 Mar
Re: Restoring from a .sql filePaul DuBois19 Mar
RE: Restoring from a .sql fileTab Alleman19 Mar