List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Paul DuBois Date:March 18 2003 5:29pm
Subject:Re: error
View as plain text
At 3:16 +0000 3/14/03, Patrick Geary wrote:
>Hi
>I am a new user of Mysql and have received an error.
>I enter my C drive using the MS-DOS prompt. I then access the mysql\bin
>directory.
>I then type "mysql". which welcomes me to Mysql Monitor.
>I then try to create a database called "database01" by typing "mysqladmin
>create database01\g" but i get the following error:-
>               Error 1064:You have an error in your SQL syntax near
>'mysqladmin create database01' at line 1.
>
>I would be very grateful if you could get back to me about this as i am
>using it for a college project.

mysqladmin is not a command that you enter at the mysql> prompt from
within the mysql program.  It's a separate program that you invoke
from the DOS prompt.

You can either create the database from within mysql like this:

mysql> CREATE DATABASE database01;

or from the command line using mysqladmin like this:

C:\> mysqladmin create database01

--
Paul DuBois
http://www.kitebird.com/