List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Daniele Colajacomo Date:April 2 1999 10:12pm
Subject:Syntax for SET types
View as plain text
(I hate learning new languages without proper documentation!)

the docs explain:

CREATE TABLE mytable ( choices SET('First','Second') ) ;

fine - nowhere it mentions how you can INSERT though.
What do you do?  Let's say I want to set the "choices"
to both First and Second.

INSERT INTO mytable ...

This is surely so basic that the docs don't even bother...
(p.s. I want to do this with placeholders in DBI:
$sth = $dbh->prepare("INSERT INTO mytable (choices) values (?)");
$sth->execute(.....) <- ?
)

thanks for any help,
dani
Thread
Syntax for SET typesDaniele Colajacomo3 Apr
  • Re: Syntax for SET typesPaul DuBois3 Apr