List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Paul DuBois Date:March 17 2003 4:39pm
Subject:Re: mySQL stops responding in the morning
View as plain text
At 10:58 -0500 3/17/03, amit.mehta@stripped wrote:
>I have an app running on Tomcat 4.0.6. The app access mySQL  Ver 11.18
>Distrib 3.23.54, for sun-solaris2.9 (sparc)
>on Solaris 9.
>
>the app runs fine during the day, but when I come back to work in the
>morning, I see that the database connection has died and  mySQL does not
>respond anymore.
>
>What needs to be done to make keep it alive ?
>
>Thanks

First you should determine whether this is really a MySQL problem or a Tomcat
problem.  When Tomcat cannot access the MySQL server, is it that the server
itself is unresponsive, or can other clients connect to it still.  For
example, if you attempt to connect with the mysql client, can you?  Or
does that fail as well?

--
Paul DuBois
http://www.kitebird.com/