List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Widenius Date:September 17 1999 9:22pm
Subject:mysql.sock
View as plain text
>>>>> "Jason" == Jason Rust <jrust@stripped> writes:

Jason> I need some help here.  I installed the
Jason> mysql3.21.30-1.rpm on my linux box. However, when
Jason> it tries to start it gives the error that the
Jason> /var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock file is not present.
Jason> And that's true it's not there, but it doesn't
Jason> give me any help on how to create it or copy it
Jason> from somewhere, whatever would get me the file.
Jason> If anybody can give any help it would be much
Jason> appreciated.

Hi!

Please try again with the latest stable version 3.22.26.

If you still have a problem, please post an exact 'cut and past' of
what doesn't work. You should also check that the mysqld server is
running!

Please read also the installation chapter in the MySQL manual. This
includes a lot of tips of how to get this to work!

Yours,
Monty

*************** Warning commercial signature follows **********
If you like TCX's concept of a 'mostly free' database and free
advice, you should at least CONSIDER supporting us, so that we can
afford to continue this service up.   http://www.mysql.com/
Thread
mysql.sockJason Rust16 Sep
  • mysql.sockMichael Widenius18 Sep