List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Murad Nayal Date:March 15 2003 5:11pm
Subject:Re: forcing mysql client to use TCP socket?
View as plain text

thank you all for the help!

best
Murad

Dan Nelson wrote:

> In the last episode (Mar 14), Murad Nayal said:
> > how can I force mysql interactive client (actually the client library as
> > well) to use a TCP port on the local host
> >
> > if I do:
> >
> > mysql -h localhost -u user -p --port=2000
> >
> > I get:
> >
> > ERROR 2002: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket
> > '/tmp/mysql.sock'
>
> "localhost" is a special hostname to mysql: it tells it to use the
> local Unix socket.  To talk to a local mysqld server through TCP, use
> "127.0.0.1", or any other IP address configured on the machine.  It'll
> be a bit slower than using a Unix socket, though.
>
> --
>         Dan Nelson
>         dnelson@stripped
Thread
Remote AdministrationC. Reeve14 Mar
  • Re: Remote AdministrationBrian McCain14 Mar
  • forcing mysql client to use TCP socket?Murad Nayal14 Mar
    • Re: forcing mysql client to use TCP socket?Dan Nelson14 Mar
  • Re: forcing mysql client to use TCP socket?gerald_clark14 Mar
  • Re: forcing mysql client to use TCP socket?Gelu Gogancea14 Mar
  • Re: forcing mysql client to use TCP socket?Murad Nayal15 Mar