List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Widenius Date:September 17 1999 11:31pm
Subject:Bug in handling of comments
View as plain text
>>>>> "root" == root  <root@stripped> writes:

root> MySQL doesn't seem to be handling comments correctly.  I am using VisioModeller
> to generate SQL scripts and the generated SQL usually contains a file name.  MySQL barfs
> on the file name supposedly within the comments.
>> How-To-Repeat:
root> 	Try running the following script in MySQL:
root> /*    This SQL DDL script was generated by VisioModeler 3.1 (Release Date:
> 10/02/1998).       */

root> /*    Driver Used : VisioModeler 3.1 - ODBC Generic Driver Driver.
>             */
root> /*    Document    : H:\Projects\Legal\legal data model.IMD.
>             */
root> /*    Time Created: 16 September 1999 14:54.
>             */
root> /*    User Action : From VisioModeler GenerateWizard.
>             */
root> /*    Connected Data source : No connection.
>             */
root> /*    Connected Server      : No connection.
>             */
root> /*    Connected Database    : Not applicable.
>             */

Hi!

The problem is that the 'mysql' client can't handle /* */ style
comments yet.  The mysqld server on the other hand doesn't have any problem
with this comment style.

Regards,
Monty
Thread
Bug in handling of commentsroot16 Sep
  • Bug in handling of commentsMichael Widenius18 Sep