List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:gerald_clark Date:March 14 2003 9:06pm
Subject:Re: forcing mysql client to use TCP socket?
View as plain text
mysql -h  127.0.0.1 -u user  -p --port=2000

Murad Nayal wrote:

>Hello,
>
>how can I force mysql interactive client (actually the client library as
>well) to use a TCP port on the local host
>
>if I do:
>
>mysql -h localhost -u user -p --port=2000
>
>I get:
>
>ERROR 2002: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket
>'/tmp/mysql.sock'
>
>what might be a problem is: it seems, for reasons I don't entirely
>understand possibly related to the network configuration on this node, I
>need to use the name 'localhost' rather than the actual name of the
>node!
>
>thanks in advance for the help
>
>Murad

Thread
Remote AdministrationC. Reeve14 Mar
  • Re: Remote AdministrationBrian McCain14 Mar
  • forcing mysql client to use TCP socket?Murad Nayal14 Mar
    • Re: forcing mysql client to use TCP socket?Dan Nelson14 Mar
  • Re: forcing mysql client to use TCP socket?gerald_clark14 Mar
  • Re: forcing mysql client to use TCP socket?Gelu Gogancea14 Mar
  • Re: forcing mysql client to use TCP socket?Murad Nayal15 Mar