List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Murad Nayal Date:March 14 2003 8:42pm
Subject:forcing mysql client to use TCP socket?
View as plain text

Hello,

how can I force mysql interactive client (actually the client library as
well) to use a TCP port on the local host

if I do:

mysql -h localhost -u user -p --port=2000

I get:

ERROR 2002: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket
'/tmp/mysql.sock'

what might be a problem is: it seems, for reasons I don't entirely
understand possibly related to the network configuration on this node, I
need to use the name 'localhost' rather than the actual name of the
node!

thanks in advance for the help

Murad
Thread
Remote AdministrationC. Reeve14 Mar
  • Re: Remote AdministrationBrian McCain14 Mar
  • forcing mysql client to use TCP socket?Murad Nayal14 Mar
    • Re: forcing mysql client to use TCP socket?Dan Nelson14 Mar
  • Re: forcing mysql client to use TCP socket?gerald_clark14 Mar
  • Re: forcing mysql client to use TCP socket?Gelu Gogancea14 Mar
  • Re: forcing mysql client to use TCP socket?Murad Nayal15 Mar