List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:John Wards Date:March 14 2003 3:56pm
Subject:Re: FreeBSD + MySQL bottleneck
View as plain text
> So, my questions are these:
> ---------------------------
>
> Can any experienced MySQL-FreeBSD admins out there
> give me some pointers for identifying bottlenecks?

I  have been running MySQl-FreeBSD for over a year now and we are now doing
about 140-150,000 page views a day all dynamic from the database.

Running top displayed MySQL running about 40% but we kept getting bottle
necks and mysql would hang periodicaly.

What we have done is recompiled mysql with linuxthreads which made a
difference, but what made the biggest difference was upgrading to MySQL 4
and turning on query caching, that what I would recomend.

Cheers
John Wards
SportNetwork.net

Thread
FreeBSD + MySQL bottleneckMatthias Trevarthan14 Mar
  • Re: FreeBSD + MySQL bottleneckJohn Wards14 Mar
  • RE: FreeBSD + MySQL bottleneckJoe Stump14 Mar
    • Re: FreeBSD + MySQL bottleneckJeremy Zawodny14 Mar
      • Re: FreeBSD + MySQL bottleneckMatthias Trevarthan14 Mar
  • Re: FreeBSD + MySQL bottleneckwalt14 Mar
  • Re: FreeBSD + MySQL bottleneckWarren W. Gay VE3WWG14 Mar
  • Re: FreeBSD + MySQL bottleneckJesse Guardiani15 Mar
    • Re: FreeBSD + MySQL bottleneckDan Nelson15 Mar