List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Jon Halton Date:April 2 1999 9:48pm
Subject:Beginners - Privilage Setup Problem
View as plain text
First of all thank you to everyone who helped me yesterday with my Load Data
Infile problems. That has now been solved. As you can probably tell I am
very new to MySql and am now having problems setting up the privilege
system. I don't expect a full explanation, but would appreciate a few
pointers.

The host table already includes the following:

Host       Db Select Insert Update Delete Create Drop
localhost   %   Y     Y       Y      Y      Y     Y

The User table includes

Host         User   Password Select ....
localhost   admin      Y       Y   Y Y Y Y Y Y Y Y
localhost              N       N   N N N N N N

The DB table includes

Host  Db          User Select Insert Update Delete Create Drop
 %   test               Y      Y      Y      Y      Y     Y
 %   test\_%            Y      Y      Y      Y      Y     Y
 %   petholidays  admin Y      Y      Y      Y      Y     Y

I cant connect to the petholidays database using the admin user. What am I
not setting correctly?

Thanks for your help

Thread
Beginners - Privilage Setup ProblemJon Halton3 Apr
  • Re: Beginners - Privilage Setup ProblemPaul DuBois3 Apr
  • Re: Beginners - Privilage Setup ProblemChristian Mack9 Apr