List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Paul DuBois Date:March 14 2003 12:09am
Subject:Re: Absolute Deletion
View as plain text
At 1:12 +0100 3/14/03, Nico van Leeuwen wrote:
>I am trying to build an application that is using mysql and
>sometimes sensitive data will need to be removed from the database.
>When I delete something how do I make sure there isn't a trace of it
>left? I am looking for a linux shred type solution. There should be
>absolutely no possibility of data recovery.
>Anyone know about the inner workings of the Delete command???
>Thanks in advance,

As far as I'm aware, there isn't anything like this.
If such a table has a primary key, you could use it to
update all the values in the row to overwrite them, then
delete the record.

Paul DuBois, paul@stripped
sql, query
Absolute Deletion(Nico van Leeuwen)14 Mar
  • Re: Absolute DeletionPaul DuBois14 Mar
    • Syntax to create admin user for a databaseDuSTiN KRySaK14 Mar
      • Re: Syntax to create admin user for a databasegerald_clark14 Mar
    • Re: Absolute DeletionBruce Feist14 Mar
      • Re: Absolute Deletionhooker14 Mar
      • Re: Absolute DeletionPaul DuBois14 Mar