List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Dan Nelson Date:March 13 2003 7:02pm
Subject:Re: Replication [p]threads problem
View as plain text
In the last episode (Mar 13), Jeff Kilpatrick said:
> I upgraded three servers to 3.23.55 over the weekend configured them
> to be peers in a daisy-chain setup.  It's worked well with one
> exception:
>
> Our FreeBSD 4.6 server (built from the ports collection) crashed
> (this morning; on day five of uptime) with the following in the log:
>
> Fatal error '_pq_insert_tail: Already in priority queue' at line ? in
> file /usr/src/lib/libc_r/uthread/uthread_priority_queue.c (errno = ?)

There was a set of patches that updated libc_r on Oct 22 (just after
4.7 was released) that might help this problem.  If you can, try
updating and rebuilding libc and libc_r to the current versions.  If
you're not comfortable rebuilding source, just go to

ftp://snapshots.jp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/snapshots/i386/livetree/4-LATEST/usr/lib/

, download libc.so.4 and libc_r.so.4, and put them into /usr/lib on
your machine (after backing up the originals of course).  In a week or
so, 4.8 will be released with these fixes.

http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/cvsweb.cgi/src/lib/libc_r/uthread/uthread_priority_queue.c?only_with_tag=RELENG_4

--
	Dan Nelson
	dnelson@stripped