List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Paul DuBois Date:March 13 2003 4:20pm
Subject:Re: Datetime vs Unixtime
View as plain text
At 10:34 -0500 3/13/03, Keith C. Ivey wrote:
>I am curious why a DATE takes 3 bytes and a TIME takes 3 bytes, but a
>DATETIME takes 8 bytes, even though TIME covers a much greater range
>than the time part of a DATETIME, but that's just one of the
>mysteries of MySQL that's probably not worth losing sleep over.

I believe that to get that information you must sign a
non-disclosure agreement.

>[Filter fodder: SQL]

Thread
Datetime vs UnixtimeJason Brothers13 Mar
  • Re: Datetime vs UnixtimePaul Chvostek13 Mar
  • Re: Datetime vs UnixtimePaul DuBois13 Mar
  • Re: Datetime vs UnixtimeKeith C. Ivey13 Mar
    • Re: Datetime vs UnixtimePaul DuBois13 Mar
    • Re: Datetime vs Unixtimewalt13 Mar
      • Re: Datetime vs UnixtimePaul DuBois13 Mar
    • Re: Datetime vs UnixtimeJason Brothers13 Mar
Re: Datetime vs UnixtimeKeith C. Ivey13 Mar
Re: Datetime vs UnixtimeJason Brothers13 Mar
  • Re: Datetime vs UnixtimeKeith C. Ivey13 Mar
    • Using LOAD DATA IN FILE or SOURCE with MyODBC.William Bailey25 Mar
  • Re: Datetime vs UnixtimePaul Chvostek13 Mar