List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Josh S. Gough Date:April 2 1999 9:35pm
Subject:Re: Autoincrement Field Loses Count
View as plain text
Hmm...weird...well, check out this post from Monty for why i didn't
think it was supposed to work that way:

http://outside.organic.com/mail-archives/mysql/Oct1998/0042.html
excerpt:

"I am just now working on the next ISAM version and this will NOT reuse
auto_increment values. The maximum used value will be saved in the
.ISM file header and can only be reset with isamchk."

I guess I'm wondering whether that is implemented yet... I thought
I saw another post that said auto_increment should never resuse the
values, but I cant find it again...
-JG

Thread
Autoincrement Field Loses CountJose de Leon3 Apr
Re: Autoincrement Field Loses CountJosh S. Gough3 Apr
  • Re: Autoincrement Field Loses CountVivek Khera3 Apr
    • Re: Autoincrement Field Loses CountJosh S. Gough3 Apr
      • Re: Autoincrement Field Loses CountPaul DuBois3 Apr