List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Tam Date:March 12 2003 5:09pm
Subject:Telneting failed
View as plain text
Hi All,

I am running MySQL 4.0.11a on Win2k Pro at home.  The machine is connected
to a router which redirect port 3306 to MySQL.  Things seem to work very
well.  I have MySQLCC and MySQL-Front both connecting to MySQL locally and
remotely.   However, when I try connecting through telnet locally at this
point, I receive a prompt with MySQL Version and some ASCII characters, and
then a few second later I got a bad handshake and connection closed.   I do
not have a clue whether it is problem caused by the router or I misconfig
MySQL so it fails the telnet connection.  Any suggestion or help would be
greatly appreciated.

regards,
Michael

Thread
Telneting failedMichael Tam13 Mar
  • Re: Telneting failedDan Nelson13 Mar
RE: Telneting failedMichael Tam13 Mar
  • RE: Telneting failedJeff Kilpatrick13 Mar
RE: Telneting failedMichael Tam13 Mar