List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Paul DuBois Date:March 12 2003 11:02pm
Subject:Re: UPDATE syntax help
View as plain text
At 8:33 +1000 3/13/03, MySQL wrote:
>Hi all,  I am having a little UPDATE syntax issue.  According to the manual

According to the manual, this won't work until MySQL 4.x

>UPDATE EBA_USERS, IMPORT_USERS
>SET EBA_USERS.HUB_ID = IMPORT_USERS.HUB_ID,
>EBA_USERS.REP_LOCATION_ID = IMPORT_USERS.REP_LOCATION_ID,
>EBA_USERS.REP_FIRST_NAME = IMPORT_USERS.REP_FIRST_NAME,
>EBA_USERS.REP_LAST_NAME = IMPORT_USERS.REP_LAST_NAME,
>EBA_USERS.REP_DISABLED = IMPORT_USERS.REP_DISABLED
>WHERE EBA_USERS.REP_ID = IMPORT_USERS.REP_ID
>
>should work (as I understand it ;-)  but I get the error
>
>ERROR 1064: You have an error in your SQL syntax near ' IMPORT_USERS
>SET EBA_USERS.HUB_ID = IIMPORT_USERS.HUB_ID, EBA_USERS.REP_LOCATION_ID =
>IMPO' at line 1
>
>I did note in the comments section at the bottom someone else with
>same/similar problem, but have been unable to find a thread in the mail
>archive.  My apologies if this has been dealt with already, or a workaround
>suggested...
>
>MySQL 3.23.51-nt on a Win2K box
>MyODBC 3.51
>
>Thanks
>
>Jeff Creed
>Throbware
>
>(0417) 797 592
>http://www.throbware.com.au

Thread
UPDATE syntax helpMySQL12 Mar
  • Re: UPDATE syntax helpPaul DuBois13 Mar
  • Re: UPDATE syntax helpJJ13 Mar
    • Re: UPDATE syntax helpPaul DuBois13 Mar
    • RE: UPDATE syntax helpAndy Eastham13 Mar
      • Re: UPDATE syntax helpJJ13 Mar
  • RE: UPDATE syntax helpstu@home23 Mar
    • RE: UPDATE syntax helpDoug Thompson24 Mar