List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Paul DuBois Date:March 12 2003 4:41pm
Subject:Re: Converting DBs
View as plain text
At 11:29 -0500 3/12/03, Tamayo, Nelson wrote:
>Is there a way to convert an Access database into MySQL easily?
>
>I am running into problems trying to convert it through VB code using a
>recordset. I'm rather new at this stuff. I'm also tried generating an insert
>statement through VB code and then executing it, I get the error "Unknown
>column 'False' in 'field list'"
>
>this is the SQL string I am using to insert the record.
>
>insert into csapps.qainfo
>
>(DCN,NoRetention,AttachmentCode,NPPN,CPTList,ReceivedDate,Answered,ClientID,
>PPO,Retry,Tax,EOP,TXDeficientIsAnswered,TXDeficient,CACPAnswered,CACPAuthori
>zed,MGMAnswered,MGMContracted,Priority,ImageStatus,BatchCode)
>
>values
>
>   ('123673852',False,'E : JUST an ID CARD',False,
>'Dental','8/19/2001',True,'TN','??',0,0,'TX',True,False,False,False,False,Fa
>lse,1,'NotRequested','N1TN236012')

You're assuming that True and False are predefined values in MySQL,
which they aren't.  Thus, MySQL sees these unquoted values and assumes
they are column names.  Substitute appropriate literal values such as
1 and 0, or perhaps 'True' and 'False'.

>Any ideas?
>
>Nelson Tamayo
>Claims Automation
>(800) 237-7767 x3520
>ntamayo@stripped

Thread
Converting DBsNelson Tamayo12 Mar
  • Re: Converting DBswalt12 Mar
Re: Converting DBsPaul DuBois12 Mar
  • Replication errortrashMan12 Mar
    • Replication errortrashMan13 Mar
      • Re: Replication errorwalt13 Mar
      • RE: Replication errorJennifer Goodie13 Mar
        • R: Replication errortrashMan13 Mar
    • re: Replication errorEgor Egorov15 Mar
Re: Converting DBsdpgirago12 Mar