List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Paul DuBois Date:March 12 2003 4:33pm
Subject:RE: Is there any way to search a whole database for a value?
View as plain text
At 9:21 -0500 3/12/03, Luc Foisy wrote:
>Perhaps one day UNION will be added to UPDATE

You'd still have to name every column to be updated explicitly.
There is no "update whatever column happens to contain this value"
syntax.

>>  At 11:01 -0800 3/11/03, Keith Roberts wrote:
>>  I need to look in several different tables/columns in a
>>  database for a
>>  particular value.  If I find it, I need to update it.  Is
>>  there any way to
>>  search/update every table/column in one query in a
>  > particular database?

Thread
Is there any way to search a whole database for a value?Keith Roberts11 Mar
  • Re: Is there any way to search a whole database for a value?Mike Wexler11 Mar
  • Re: Is there any way to search a whole database for a value?Paul DuBois11 Mar
    • Re: Is there any way to search a whole database for a value?Joshua J . Kugler11 Mar
RE: Is there any way to search a whole database for a value?Luc Foisy12 Mar
RE: Is there any way to search a whole database for a value?Paul DuBois12 Mar
RE: Is there any way to search a whole database for a value?Luc Foisy12 Mar