List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Daevid Vincent Date:March 11 2003 11:50pm
Subject:RE: MySQL Shutdown FAILED
View as plain text
Yeah, I notice this too, especially after upgrading to MAX. I really find it
annoying.

My guess is that the RPM is slightly different than the God given RH
version, so there are TWO KXXmysqld in /etc/rc.d/init.d or in one of the
rc.3 or rc.5 or something and so one shuts it down, then the other executes
and it fails b/c it was already shut down. I sooo wish the person that
packages that RPM would fix this. Same with the mysql-max issue. It creates
a mysql instead of mysqld (or vise versa), and it doesn't have that nice:
Eeek!

Thread
MySQL Shutdown FAILEDKaren Tan11 Mar
  • Off topic help, SSL and form postsScott Haneda11 Mar
    • Re: Off topic help, SSL and form postsTonu Samuel11 Mar
  • RE: MySQL Shutdown FAILEDDaevid Vincent12 Mar