List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Paul DuBois Date:March 11 2003 9:28pm
Subject:Re: what's the best format option for importing SQL Server
databases?
View as plain text
At 14:24 -0600 3/11/03, kenn murrah wrote:
>Greetings.
>
>I've been challenged with an assignment in which my client will feed
>me a 9000-record SQL Server database every night,  and I in turn
>will need to import the data into mySQL, replacing the mySQL
>database from the night before ...
>
>Given that scenario, and the fact that I obviously want to be able
>to automate the process via scripting, what is the best format for
>my client to send the database in?  They've volunteered that the
>feed can be "almost any format you want" ... sooooooo, what do i
>want?  what would be the easiest to work with?

Tell them you want a file that's in the same format that mysqldump
would generate. :-)

>Any ideas?
>
>thanks in advance,
>
>kenn

Thread
Searching on indexed char field...Jason West10 Mar
  • RE: Searching on indexed char field...Roger Davis10 Mar
  • Re: Searching on indexed char field...Paul DuBois10 Mar
Re: Searching on indexed char field...dpgirago10 Mar
  • what's the best format option for importing SQL Serverdatabases?kenn murrah11 Mar
    • Re: what's the best format option for importing SQL Server databases?Paul DuBois11 Mar
  • Re: what's the best format option for importing SQL Server databases?Shamit Verma11 Mar
Re: Searching on indexed char field...dpgirago10 Mar
RE: Searching on indexed char field...Tab Alleman10 Mar
  • Re: Searching on indexed char field...Benjamin Pflugmann10 Mar
RE: Searching on indexed char field...Tab Alleman10 Mar
  • RE: Searching on indexed char field...Keith C. Ivey10 Mar
Re: what's the best format option for importing SQL Server databases?Gopalarathnam V.12 Mar