List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Widenius Date:September 17 1999 8:24pm
Subject:select problem on 3.22.21 killing server
View as plain text
>>>>> "jim" == jim kraai <jkraai@stripped> writes:

jim> Table had approx 4.15 million rows.  I trimmed 1.1 million
jim> rows from the table and the problem went away.  I would like
jim> to know whether this is going to happen again when the table
jim> grows to 4+ million rows again.

jim> Any help from TCX would be appreciated.  If TCX needs to see
jim> a tape with the offending files on it, we can enter into a
jim> support agreement.

jim> Thanks, --jim

<cut>

jim> 	SELECT
jim> 		*
jim> 	FROM
jim> 		x
jim> 	WHERE
jim> 		x1='string1'	AND
jim> 		x6=0		AND
jim> 		x5='string2'
jim> 	ORDER BY
jim> 		x3;

Are you sure that the above select did destroy our table (which is not
very likely)

At any rate; I suggest you upgrade to 3.22.26;  This includes a fix
for a key-compression bug that may explain why the index got
corrupted in the first place.

If isamchk from 3.22.26 can't fix your table, we would really like to
have a copy of the file so that we can fix the bug in isamchk!

Regards,
Monty
Thread
Linux helpScott Mackie15 Sep
  • Re: Linux helpThimble Smith15 Sep
  • select problem on 3.22.21 killing serverjim kraai15 Sep
    • select problem on 3.22.21 killing serverMichael Widenius18 Sep
  • Re: select problem on 3.22.21 killing serverjim kraai18 Sep
    • Re: select problem on 3.22.21 killing serverMichael Widenius19 Sep
      • IndexesBill Koob19 Sep
        • Re: IndexesPaul DuBois19 Sep
        • Re: IndexesBob Kline19 Sep
          • load data infile and indexes [was Re: Indexes]James Manning20 Sep
            • load data infile and indexes [was Re: Indexes]Michael Widenius20 Sep
        • IndexesMichael Widenius19 Sep