List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Paul DuBois Date:March 10 2003 6:49pm
Subject:Re: Searching on indexed char field...
View as plain text
At 13:39 -0500 3/10/03, Jason West wrote:
>Does anyone know of a way to speed up seek time when selecting based on
>an indexed char field? I have a query that I'm executing ('select * from
>Table where UserName = myname') and it takes approximately 7 seconds to
>execute this 1000 times (UserName is char[50], and it is indexed). If I
>change the query to search on UserID, an indexed integer field, the same
>test runs in less than 1 second...

If you're indexing all 50 characters, index fewer of them.

>Any help is appreciated...
>--
>Jason H. West
>Software Engineer
>
>Softek Software International, Inc.
>813 Pavilion Ct.
>McDonough, GA 30253
>678-583-5718
>jwest@stripped

Thread
Searching on indexed char field...Jason West10 Mar
  • RE: Searching on indexed char field...Roger Davis10 Mar
  • Re: Searching on indexed char field...Paul DuBois10 Mar
Re: Searching on indexed char field...dpgirago10 Mar
  • what's the best format option for importing SQL Serverdatabases?kenn murrah11 Mar
    • Re: what's the best format option for importing SQL Server databases?Paul DuBois11 Mar
  • Re: what's the best format option for importing SQL Server databases?Shamit Verma11 Mar
Re: Searching on indexed char field...dpgirago10 Mar
RE: Searching on indexed char field...Tab Alleman10 Mar
  • Re: Searching on indexed char field...Benjamin Pflugmann10 Mar
RE: Searching on indexed char field...Tab Alleman10 Mar
  • RE: Searching on indexed char field...Keith C. Ivey10 Mar
Re: what's the best format option for importing SQL Server databases?Gopalarathnam V.12 Mar