List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Paul DuBois Date:March 9 2003 11:15pm
Subject:Re: Resolving Error 1130
View as plain text
At 17:01 -0600 3/9/03, cosmicsoft wrote:
>I am trying to access a MySQL database remotely from the mysql
>command. I get an error 1130:
>
>ERROR 1130: Host '209-103-193-182.dial-in1.apl.athenet.net' is not
>allowed to connect to this MySQL server
>
>I asked the tech support to update the grant tables to change the
>host for my user to %, but that didn't help. Also, looking at a
>packet dump, I can see that the username isn't even transmitted(!!!).
>
>If anyone wants to see for themselves, try connecting to the server
>cosmicsoft.net with username cosmicsoft_net2 and database
>cosmicsoft_net.
>
>Since this isn't my server, I don't know why this is. Is there some
>kind of safe mode that the server is in that it blocks all incoming
>connections without even consulting the user table?

It *is* consulting the user table.  This particular error message means
that there are *no* entries in the user table that match the given
host.

>Thanks,
>
>Adam Ernst

Thread
Resolving Error 1130cosmicsoft10 Mar
  • Re: Resolving Error 1130Paul DuBois10 Mar
Re: Resolving Error 1130cosmicsoft10 Mar
  • Re: Resolving Error 1130Paul DuBois10 Mar
    • Re: Resolving Error 1130Jack McKinney12 Apr