List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Jose de Leon Date:April 2 1999 7:21pm
Subject:Autoincrement Field Loses Count
View as plain text
I noticed that a field set for auto_increment will lose its count if the
table is emptied.

In the application I'm creating, it is possible for some tables to be
emptied, but the auto incremented field needs to keep its count for the next
record entered into the table.

Is there a flag to tell MySQL to keep its count?  If not, I suppose I could
get the maximum value of the field before emptying it and insert a new
record with the count.  But I don't know if that would work, would MySQL
allow a forced value for the auto_increment field and count from that point
on?

Thanks,
Jose

Thread
Autoincrement Field Loses CountJose de Leon3 Apr
Re: Autoincrement Field Loses CountJosh S. Gough3 Apr
  • Re: Autoincrement Field Loses CountVivek Khera3 Apr
    • Re: Autoincrement Field Loses CountJosh S. Gough3 Apr
      • Re: Autoincrement Field Loses CountPaul DuBois3 Apr