List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Paul DuBois Date:March 6 2003 6:49pm
Subject:Re: heap tables keep on disappearing!
View as plain text
At 11:41 -0800 3/6/03, Steve Quezadas wrote:
>I have a mysql table that I refer to a lot and needs to be quick. I
>set it as a HEAP table because of the speed (and HEAP tales ARE
>fast. zip baaannngggg!!!!). Anyway, whenever I restart the server
>the contents of the heap tables disappear! What the hell? But I read
>the manual and it seems that heap tables stay in memory and not disk.

It surprises you that HEAP tables behave as documented? :-)

>  The particular table I am using doesn't change very often (once
>every three months or so ).Is there  a way that I can somehow keep
>the table from being erased on server restarts? Is the best way
>perhaps copying the table to a heap table every time the server
>starts up?

Exactly.  Maintain a version that is a permanent table on disk, and load
it into the server at startup time.  You might find the --init-file server
option useful for this.

>- Steve

sql, query
Thread
heap tables keep on disappearing!Steve Quezadas6 Mar
  • Re: heap tables keep on disappearing!Jerry6 Mar
  • Re: heap tables keep on disappearing!Paul DuBois6 Mar
Re: heap tables keep on disappearing!Alec.Cawley6 Mar