List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Murugavel Date:March 6 2003 4:48am
Subject:No Reply from your side!! Waiting for your reply!!!
View as plain text
Dear Mr. Venu & Tech Group,

We are facing few problem in mysql database.

Take an eg.

we have table called bb_usersession0

user A is trying to delete a record  which is having the billingstatus B  .

User A

delete from bb_usersession0 where ui_sessionid='cs_venkatesh0006A46C'  AND
us_billingstaus='B'
User B
update bb_usersession0 set us_billingstatus='Y' where us_billingstatus='N';

In the above case mYSQL IS LOCKING THE whole table so the USER B is not
able to update the status.In user session B we are getting the followin message
ERROR 1205: Lock wait timeout exceeded; Try restarting transaction

Kindly give me solution for the above problem.

Awaiting your reply

Regards
velu

Thread
Crypt Limitation?Hank Eskin13 Mar
  • Re: Crypt Limitation?Paul DuBois13 Mar
    • Re: Crypt Limitation?Michael Widenius15 Mar
  • No Reply from your side!! Waiting for your reply!!!Murugavel6 Mar
  • Re: No Reply from your side!! Waiting for your reply!!!gerald_clark6 Mar