List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:william wang Date:March 6 2003 3:16am
Subject:very slow mysql server, help please
View as plain text
Hi All:
I have three web server (DUAL 1.4 G MHZ, 1G RAM) connect to one mysql
database server (DUAL 2.2 G MHZ, 2 G RAM), SSL accelerator and a load
balancer. All those servers are FreeBSD. For some reason, mysql server can
be easily max out without many users. Also there are many processes in sleep
(some of them has been put in sleep for over 3000 seconds.)

My database has nearly 140 tables, but there are less than 10000 recorders.
Database file size is about 3M. One of the table has a BLOB field (Hold some
images for my web server.). I am using mysql_pconnect() (Of cause, I tried
mysql_connect(), but it's does not make big different.).

Question 1: Does sleeping processes slow down database server?
Question 2: Any ideas, why is the database so slow?

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance and for Reading my message.

William

very slow mysql server, help pleasewilliam wang6 Mar