List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Daevid Vincent Date:March 6 2003 2:36am
Subject:Foreign keys and being FIRST index
View as plain text
http://www.mysql.com/doc/en/SEC457.html states that "there must be an index
where the foreign key and the referenced key are listed as the FIRST
columns." Will this restriction be lifted soon? It is incredibly
frustrating. I don't see why they have to be indexes, and more importantly,
I don't see why they have to be FIRST! Ugh.

Thread
Foreign keys and being FIRST indexDaevid Vincent6 Mar
  • Re: Foreign keys and being FIRST indexDan Nelson6 Mar
    • RE: Foreign keys and being FIRST indexDaevid Vincent6 Mar
      • Re: Foreign keys and being FIRST indexDan Nelson6 Mar
      • RE: Foreign keys and being FIRST indexKeith C. Ivey6 Mar
        • Multiple foreign keys?Daevid Vincent8 Mar
          • re: Multiple foreign keys?Egor Egorov8 Mar
  • Re: Foreign keys and being FIRST indexWilliam R. Mussatto6 Mar