List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Stanimir Dzharkalov Date:March 5 2003 4:39pm
Subject:Re: HAVING vs. WHERE
View as plain text
go to
http://www.mysql.com/doc/en/Miscellaneous_functions.html

and take a look at
inet_ntoa and inet_aton

you may store IP addresses as integers and the query will be

SELECT inet_aton(inetAdr), * FROM Client WHERE inetAdr <
inet_aton('240.0.0.0') OR inetAdr>inet_aton('239.255.255.255')

the inet_aton will return the IP dotted.

As well, you do not need to use HAVING here.

Hope this helps.

Stanimir Dzharkalov
Developer
Internet Division