List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Paul DuBois Date:March 4 2003 7:33pm
Subject:Re: LONGTEXT - All string column types are VAR? - MySQL
View as plain text
At 12:29 -0600 3/4/03, jason wesley upton wrote:
>I know that for most purposes you can treat TEXT and BLOB as VARCHAR
>under a longer name, but is the same true of LONGTEXT?  I have a
>field
>that needs to be open to a huge amount of text, but I don't want my
>database's size to be huge if that maximum allowed amount of text is
>not used.

This is fairly easily answered by going to the online manual and entering
LONGTEXT into the search box.  Two of the links you'll get that way are:

http://www.mysql.com/doc/en/BLOB.html

and

http://www.mysql.com/doc/en/Storage_requirements.html

>Thanks.
>

>	upton
>
>sql query queries smallint mysql fancy join fun words.

Thread
LONGTEXT - All string column types are VAR? - MySQLjason wesley upton4 Mar
  • Re: LONGTEXT - All string column types are VAR? - MySQLPaul DuBois4 Mar