List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Dan Nelson Date:February 28 2003 11:13pm
Subject:Re: mysqld: Can't lock file (errno: 45) (More Info)
View as plain text
In the last episode (Feb 28), Mark Hennessy said:
> On Fri, 28 Feb 2003, Mark Hennessy wrote:
> > I just rebuilt mysql 3.23.55 on FreeBSD 5.0, and I am trying to start
> > mysqld with my databases, and all of a sudden I'm getting this error.  I
> > was wondering if anyone has seen this and might know where I should start
> > looking?
>
> Additionally, it appears that this error only comes up when the DATADIR
> for MySQL is set to a directory on an NFS-mounted drive.  I am also asking
> the FreeBSD list if they have seen anything like this come up.

$ perror 45
Error code  45:  Operation not supported
$

I bet MySQL is trying to lock the table ind index files and can't.
Make sure you are running rpc.lockd on the NFS server, or disable file
locking in MySQL with the --skip-locking mysqld option (this does not
affect MySQL's internal table/row locks).

--
	Dan Nelson
	dnelson@stripped