List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Diana Soares Date:February 28 2003 12:27pm
Subject:UDF and mysql binary distr
View as plain text
Hi,

For the busy ones, here's my question (then i explain): is it possible
to add an UDF to a binary distr (.rpm for RH-8, downloaded from
mysql.com) ?

I'm having problems in creating an UDF (i create but when a use it
mysqld restarts automatically). I've already created UDF functions in
the past, i think i was lucky....

I've been reading the manual and now i'm really confused..
There says:
"...For the UDF mechanism to work, functions must be written in C or C++
and your operating system must support dynamic loading. ..."
"...For mysqld to be able to use UDF functions, you should configure
MySQL with --with-mysqld-ldflags=-rdynamic ..."
http://www.mysql.com/doc/en/Adding_UDF.html

I saw the spec that came with MySQL-3.23.53 and there is
--with-mysqld-ldflags='-all-static'

So, i assumed that i could not create the UDF with this binary distr.
Since i would have to compile mysql, i thought in adding a native
function instead of an UDF. But then i read this:
"...You can add UDFs to a binary MySQL distribution. Native functions
require you to modify a source distribution..."

May i add UDFs to a binary MySQL distr, and keep upgrading mysql only
using the rpms or do i must get the source and compile it with
.....=rdynamic ?

Thank you very much,

--
Diana Soares

Thread
UDF and mysql binary distrDiana Soares28 Feb
  • left outer joinRob28 Feb
    • Re: left outer joinDiana Soares28 Feb
      • RE: left outer joinRob28 Feb
      • RE: left outer joinRob28 Feb