List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Otis Gospodnetic Date:April 2 1999 8:13pm
Subject:different inst. dir layout with .rpm dist.?
View as plain text
Hello,

I got the 4 binary MySQL .rpms and installed as the docs suggested.
It appears that most things got installed in /var/lib/mysql directory

Is it possible to change this and have it all get installed under something
like /usr/local/mysql ?
Somehting a la Apache installation directory structure, which can all be
contained under /usr/local/apache with proper arguments to configure script.

I know I can probably achieve that if I install from source, but I wanted to
use the RPM distribution instead.
Possible?

Many thanks,

Otis Gospodnetic
--
eZines Database - over 3,000 magazines, newspapers, journals, e-zines...
http://www.dominis.com/Zines/?es

Thread
different inst. dir layout with .rpm dist.?Otis Gospodnetic2 Apr