List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Paul DuBois Date:February 27 2003 2:47am
Subject:Re: Query execution times in general query log?
View as plain text
At 16:52 -0500 2/26/03, 1LT John W. Holmes wrote:
>  > I have a need to find out how long each of the queries executed
>>  against a mysql server are taking.
>
>Why can't there just be a function that returns this? I mean, it's already
>printed to the screen when you're running from the command line. Hopefully
>I've missed something and it's already there, but if not, please add it to
>the feature request.

There can't be a function that returns this because execution time
such as you're seeing is measured on the client side and the query
is executed on the server side.

If you mean, why can't there be a SQL function to return this, well,
that's kind of like your eye trying to see itself. :-)
Thread
Query execution times in general query log?Adam Fields26 Feb
  • Re: Query execution times in general query log?1LT John W. Holmes26 Feb
    • Re: Query execution times in general query log?Paul DuBois27 Feb