List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Bill Allaire Date:February 26 2003 3:36pm
Subject:Re: Using 3.23 and Delphi 6
View as plain text
Clive,

I'm not sure offhand if Delphi 6 supports MySQL through the DB Express
drivers (Kylix 3 does).  If so, you can go that route.  Otherwise:

You can get libaries such as the one from Core Lab:
   http://crlab.com/mydac/

or you can use ODBC drivers which you can find here:
   http://www.mysql.com/downloads/api-myodbc-2.50.html

There aren't any special tips I can think of.  Connecting to MySQL via
Delphi with any of the above is straightforward and the same as
connecting to any other DB with Delphi.  So far with both Delphi version
5 & 7, all the data aware controls work just fine with either the
library (which I use all of the time now) or the ODBC drivers.  You do
still need to use a DataSource component with the Core Lab library if
you are showing data in any of the data aware controls.  For example to
show some data in a grid with the Core Lab library:
   MyConnection -> TMyQuery (also to a database) -> DataSource -> DBGrid

Bill Allaire
Polytop Corporation

The Glide wrote:

>Hi
>I am currently trying to use mysql 3.23 for a database project and connect
>to it using a Delphi 6 front end. Can anyone tell me how the connect to a
>MySQL database and any other tips they might have on using Delphi 6 with
>MySQL.  I have never used MySql before and so the information needs to be
>pretty specific.
>
>Hope someone can help
>
>Thanks
>Clive Glasgow

Thread
Using 3.23 and Delphi 6The Glide26 Feb
  • Re: Using 3.23 and Delphi 6Veysel Harun Sahin26 Feb
    • Re: Using 3.23 and Delphi 6Piotr Turek26 Feb
  • Re: Using 3.23 and Delphi 6Bill Allaire26 Feb