List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Richard Reina Date:April 2 1999 6:48pm
Subject:Start up problems
View as plain text
I get the following message when I type safe_mysqld &

starting mysql daemon with databases /var/lib/mysql mysql daemon ended

I checked out var/lib/mysql error logs and found the following:

Can't start server: Bind on TCP/IP port:Address already in use
Do you already have another mysqld server running on port:3306
Aborting

As far as I know I do not have any other mysqld server running.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Sincerely,
Richard

Thread
Start up problemsRichard Reina2 Apr
  • Re: Start up problemsSasha Pachev2 Apr
  • Re: Sorting w/ leading articles ignoredDodger25 Jul
  • Re: Sorting w/ leading articles ignoredStefan Hinz25 Jul