List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Paul DuBois Date:February 23 2003 1:39am
Subject:Re: Very basic question from a total newbie!
View as plain text
At 20:31 -0500 2/22/03, Stitchin' wrote:
>I feel so stupid right now!  I just loaded up Apache, mySql, and PHP on my
>home Windows XP machine to work on my website.  It'll be running on a Linux
>server when I get it on the web.
>
>I've been trying to check out this catalog program called PHP Catalog.
>Their website has a free version to check out.  I can't even get it up and
>running.  Their instructions say, "Create a new database and import
>admin/createdb_mysql with the following commands from the PHPCatalog/admin
>directory:
>
>mysql database_name < createdb_mysql
>
>where database_name is the name of the new database (which I'm calling
>testcatalog).
>
>OK, so why can't I figure out where I'm supposed to type this command??? Do
>I use the mysql.exe monitor?? I tried to type
>
>testcatalog < createdb_mysql
>
>at the mysql prompt in the monitor and it wouldn't take. Is there a way to
>type this command into PHPMyAdmin??  I know the solution has to be soooo
>easy and I'm just drawing a total blank.

Type the command at the DOS prompt.

C:\> mysql testcatalog < createdb_mysql

You'll need to issue this command in the directory where the createdb_mysql
file is located.

Thread
Very basic question from a total newbie!Stitchin'23 Feb
  • Re: Very basic question from a total newbie!Paul DuBois23 Feb
  • RE: Very basic question from a total newbie! MORE INFOStitchin'23 Feb
    • Re: Very basic question from a total newbie! MORE INFOslpl)23 Feb
      • RE: Very basic question from a total newbie! MORE INFOStitchin'23 Feb
        • Re[2]: Very basic question from a total newbie! MORE INFOStefan Hinz23 Feb
          • RE: Re[2]: Very basic question from a total newbie! MORE INFOStitchin'23 Feb
        • Re: Very basic question from a total newbie! MORE INFOslpl)23 Feb
    • RE: Very basic question from a total newbie! MORE INFOPaul DuBois23 Feb