List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Paul DuBois Date:February 21 2003 10:32pm
Subject:Re: Can't load data using mysqlimport
View as plain text
At 22:14 +0000 2/21/03, Mamatha Balasubramanian wrote:
>When I tried loading data using the following command from command line:
>>mysqlimport DatabaseName tablename.txt
>I got the following error:
>>mysqlimport: error : can't get stat of /home/...../tablename.txt
>
>However, when I used the following command from mysql prompt, I was
>able to load the data without any problem.
>
>mysql>load data local infile "/home/..../tablename.txt into table
>tablename.txt
>
>I use MySQL 4.0.7 on Red Hat Linux.
>
>Can anyone tell me why I have the above problem with mysqlimport and
>how I can fix it?

With LOAD DATA you specified LOCAL.  With mysqlimport, you didn't specify
--local.  As a result, it's the server that's trying to read the file
on the server host.  The server may not have permission to read the
file.

Run mysqlimport with the --local option.

>Thanks.

Thread
Can't load data using mysqlimportMamatha Balasubramanian21 Feb
  • Re: Can't load data using mysqlimportPaul DuBois21 Feb
Re: Can't load data using mysqlimportMamatha Balasubramanian21 Feb