List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Widenius Date:September 16 1999 4:21pm
Subject:Re: Inserts wrong value into BIGINT UNSIGNED
View as plain text
>>>>> "Rick" == Rick Moore <lrmoore@stripped> writes:

Rick> Thanks.  Not really a problem for me; just wanted to let you know.  Didn't
Rick> notice it in the manual until after Bob was kind enough to direct me to the
Rick> known issues section.

Rick> The manual says to only use 63 bit BIGINTs, but I've noticed that even some
Rick> 63 bit BIGINTs have problems, too.  I assume this is the same bug...

Rick> Rick

What kind of 63 big bigints and when?   In some context a bigint
may be automaticly converted to a double and in this case you will get
an rounding error, but this shouldn't happen that often...

Regards,
Monty
Thread
Inserts wrong value into BIGINT UNSIGNEDUser Rick13 Sep
  • RE: Inserts wrong value into BIGINT UNSIGNEDBob Kline13 Sep
    • Re: Inserts wrong value into BIGINT UNSIGNEDRick Moore13 Sep
  • Inserts wrong value into BIGINT UNSIGNEDMichael Widenius16 Sep
  • Re: Inserts wrong value into BIGINT UNSIGNEDRick Moore16 Sep
    • Re: Inserts wrong value into BIGINT UNSIGNEDMichael Widenius16 Sep
  • Re: Inserts wrong value into BIGINT UNSIGNEDRick Moore16 Sep
    • Re: Inserts wrong value into BIGINT UNSIGNEDMichael Widenius17 Sep
  • Re: Inserts wrong value into BIGINT UNSIGNEDRick Moore17 Sep