List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Brian Seitz Date:April 2 1999 6:49pm
Subject:Re: Counting rows returned from a SELECT with perl DBI.
View as plain text
> Maybe I do not entirely understand the question, but I
> see a simple solution to what I think the question is
> about ( provided your database does not get updated in
> between the searches, or such updates is something you
> do not consider):
>
> select count (*) from my_table  before show the first
> result set.
> store the total number of records in the hidden input
> and use it for later queries.

Oh, sorry.  I forgot to mention that my SELECT statement has about five
WHERE conditions in it, so I know that COUNT(*) doesn't work.
Basically, I suppose I'm asking how can I get the same functionality of
COUNT that works with WHERE conditions?
Thread
Counting rows returned from a SELECT with perl DBI.Brian Seitz2 Apr
  • Re: Counting rows returned from a SELECT with perl DBI.Sasha Pachev2 Apr
  • Re: Counting rows returned from a SELECT with perl DBI.Brian Seitz2 Apr
    • Re: Counting rows returned from a SELECT with perl DBI.Vivek Khera2 Apr
  • Re: Counting rows returned from a SELECT with perl DBI.Daniel Koch2 Apr
  • Re: Counting rows returned from a SELECT with perl DBI.Douglas Brantz3 Apr
  • Counting rows returned from a SELECT with perl DBI.Michael Widenius3 Apr