List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Ayyapraju Ganapathiraju Date:February 18 2003 6:33pm
Subject:reserved or key words as database object names.
View as plain text
Hi,

I need to create a table named "Case", but MySQL is rejecting it, may be
because it is a reserved word. I understand that I can change the name to
something sensible. Is there still a way to create a table with such names,
for example, by enclosing them in double quotes. I would like to use such
names for compatibility reasons with other database we are currently using.

Thanks, Raju
Thread
reserved or key words as database object names.Ayyapraju Ganapathiraju18 Feb
  • Re: reserved or key words as database object names.Dan Nelson18 Feb
  • Re: reserved or key words as database object names.Ayyapraju Ganapathiraju18 Feb