List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Colin McKinnon Date:September 16 1999 12:20pm
Subject:Re: What Programming Language Should I Choose ?????
View as plain text
At 17:30 16/09/99 +0800, chchar wrote:
<snip>
>  From what I know, I has the options either by using Perl, Java, PHP,
>C++, C, Python or TCL because they provide an API to connect to MySQL.
<snip>
Sorry if this is obvious but since you didn't mention it in your post...

You also need a GUI API - which most of these provide.

You need to decide whether you want to run your programs on users desktop
machines or whether you wish them to access the programs running on a
server through, say, a browser interface. The latter:

has a very definite ceiling on the functionality of the UI :(
makes distribution / maintainence lots easier :)
has implications for security :(
means that anyone with a web-browser can access the package :)

Colin

Thread
What Programming Language Should I Choose ?????chchar16 Sep
  • Re: What Programming Language Should I Choose ?????Colin McKinnon16 Sep
    • RE: What Programming Language Should I Choose ?????Saeed Moradi16 Sep
    • Re: What Programming Language Should I Choose ?????chchar17 Sep
  • (OT!) Re: What Programming Language Should I Choose ?????Terrence W. Zellers16 Sep
  • Re: What Programming Language Should I Choose ?????Stefan Schmiedl16 Sep
  • Re: What Programming Language Should I Choose ?????Ben-Nes Michael16 Sep
  • MySQL DATETIME and Javamtweito17 Sep