List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Josh S. Gough Date:April 2 1999 5:32pm
Subject:Make uninstall won't work?
View as plain text
Hello,
  I have had problems running mysql_install_db on Red Hat 5.1, so someone
recommended to try using static rpms. Well, I'd like to uninstall the
current installation (which is ins /usr/local unfortunately instead of
/usr/local/mysql), but I get this error when I try make uninstall:

Making uninstall in Docs
make[1]: Entering directory `/home/dasjsg/un/mysql-3.22.19a/Docs'
:
install-info: Is a directory for /usr/local/info/dir
make[1]: *** [uninstall-info] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/dasjsg/un/mysql-3.22.19a/Docs'
make: *** [uninstall-recursive] Error 1

I try typing "make uninstall" or make uninstall all
No luck. I see nothing in the documentation about this...Any help greatly
appreciated.
Thanks,
JG

Thread
Make uninstall won't work?Josh S. Gough2 Apr
  • Make uninstall won't work?Michael Widenius3 Apr