List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael T. Babcock Date:February 17 2003 11:18am
Subject:Re: CREATE INDEX is sooo slow! any ideas?
View as plain text
Sergei Golubchik wrote:

>>Which decision, putting all the indexes in one file, or rebuilding all
>>indexes whenever you ALTER TABLE or add an index?  If the latter, I
>>agree with you.  Modifying unrelated indexes or columns should not
>>force a rebuild of every index.
>>

>Of course not.
>And it won't eventually - it's in the todo.

Wow, I love this list (and the MySQL team).  Go to bed with a question,
wake up with an answer.

Well, in EST5EDT at least.  Thanks.

--
Michael T. Babcock
C.T.O., FibreSpeed Ltd.

Thread
CREATE INDEX is sooo slow! any ideas?david16 Feb
  • Re: CREATE INDEX is sooo slow! any ideas?Peter Grigor16 Feb
    • Re: CREATE INDEX is sooo slow! any ideas?david17 Feb
  • Re: CREATE INDEX is sooo slow! any ideas?Jerry17 Feb
  • Re: CREATE INDEX is sooo slow! any ideas?Peter Grigor17 Feb
  • Re: CREATE INDEX is sooo slow! any ideas?Jerry17 Feb
  • Re: CREATE INDEX is sooo slow! any ideas?Peter Grigor17 Feb
    • Re: CREATE INDEX is sooo slow! any ideas?david17 Feb
      • Re: CREATE INDEX is sooo slow! any ideas?Michael T. Babcock17 Feb
        • Re: CREATE INDEX is sooo slow! any ideas?Dan Nelson17 Feb
          • Re: CREATE INDEX is sooo slow! any ideas?Sergei Golubchik17 Feb
            • Re: CREATE INDEX is sooo slow! any ideas?Michael T. Babcock17 Feb
  • Re: CREATE INDEX is sooo slow! any ideas?Sergei Golubchik17 Feb
Re: CREATE INDEX is sooo slow! any ideas?Sebastian Stan27 Feb
  • Re: CREATE INDEX is sooo slow! any ideas?Sergei Golubchik27 Feb