List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Brian Seitz Date:April 2 1999 5:04pm
Subject:Counting rows returned from a SELECT with perl DBI.
View as plain text
I am creating a web-front end to search for database entries and I want
to split the output into more than one screen (limit 1 , 20, limit 21 ,
40, etc.)  But in order to know when to stop allowing the user to press
"next" and get another screen of results when there are no results left,
I need to return how many total results exist without the limit
statement.  Is there a better way to do this than executing the
statement without the limit and doing a count loop (i.e., "while
$row_ref = $sth->fetchrow_arrayref { $i++ } )?  It seems like there
should be some DBI function that returns this automatically.
Thread
Counting rows returned from a SELECT with perl DBI.Brian Seitz2 Apr
  • Re: Counting rows returned from a SELECT with perl DBI.Sasha Pachev2 Apr
  • Re: Counting rows returned from a SELECT with perl DBI.Brian Seitz2 Apr
    • Re: Counting rows returned from a SELECT with perl DBI.Vivek Khera2 Apr
  • Re: Counting rows returned from a SELECT with perl DBI.Daniel Koch2 Apr
  • Re: Counting rows returned from a SELECT with perl DBI.Douglas Brantz3 Apr
  • Counting rows returned from a SELECT with perl DBI.Michael Widenius3 Apr