List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Paul DuBois Date:February 15 2003 12:02am
Subject:Re: Slower access from a client some router hops away from mysql
server
View as plain text
At 0:44 +0100 2/15/03, Jose Luis Pérez wrote:
>We have developed an application with Visual Basic 6 managing through
>myoledb some mysql server tables.
>
>Perhaps it´s basic, but we have seen that the client application runs much
>more slower in a point separated
>through 2 routers and with 2 Mbps circuits than in the vlan where the mysql
>server is located.
>
>I assume that the bandwith is not the problem (a wan connnection with 2Mbps
>circuits is enough) and there is some fine tunning (application, myoledb or
>mysqlserver) we are not configuring in a proper way.

Why assume that?

It sounds like the application, myoledb and the MySQL server are the
constants, and that the network is the independent variable.

Bandwidth may appear to be adequate, but it seem to me like the network is
where you want to look to find the latency problems.

>I will appreciate a lot any ideas about this.
>
>Thanks
>

>José Luis

Error with libmyclient.aRon Sorber14 Feb
  • Re: Error with libmyclient.aPeter Grigor14 Feb
    • Slower access from a client some router hops away from mysql serverJose Luis PĂ©rez15 Feb
      • Re: Slower access from a client some router hops away from mysql serverWilliam R. Mussatto15 Feb
      • Re: Slower access from a client some router hops away from mysqlserverPaul DuBois15 Feb
RE: Error with libmyclient.aSteve Sapovits14 Feb
Re: Error with libmyclient.aUntung Rasidin15 Feb
Re: Error with libmyclient.aUntung Rasidin15 Feb
Re: Error with libmyclient.aAmy & Joseph Kormann16 Feb