List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Paul DuBois Date:February 14 2003 11:00pm
Subject:RE: Re: Load Data Infile problem.
View as plain text
At 16:53 -0600 2/14/03, Webmaster MBT wrote:
>Haven't been able to identify it yet... I'm attaching the file so maybe
>someone can help me with this.

Well, it's your data file.  You should know what the line terminators are.

>BTW, how do I tell the command what is the ending symbol?

Add a LINES TERMINATED BY clause at the appropriate spot in the LOAD
DATA statement.  Common ones are:

For newlines (common on Unix):

LINES TERMINATED BY '\n'

For carriage returns (common on Mac OS):

LINES TERMINATED BY '\r'

For carriage return/linefeed pairs (common on DOS/Windows):

LINES TERMINATED BY '\r\n'

Note that you may need to double the \ characters to get them passed
through PHP properly to MySQL.

>Thanks in advance.

Thread
Re: Re: Load Data Infile problem.Paul DuBois14 Feb
RE: Re: Load Data Infile problem.Paul DuBois15 Feb